Saturday, May 4, 2013

Lost



         I just went and spent a wonderful afternoon at Barnes & Noble, the most wonderful place on earth. (Read that while humming, I’m off to see the wizard, the most wonderful wizard of Oz! You might be starting to reach my craziness now. ha!) I love to read and absolutely love bookstores. I could get lost both from time and space life when I go to a bookstore. 
*Nerd alert* Besides dinosaurs (that’s a different story) books are one of my weaknesses.  Unless you have dinosaurs in Barnes and Nobles, then I would never leave and my life would be complete!!! Ok, so that was a little exaggerated, but who cares. I love the fact that a book can take you to new places and let you experience so many different things. The real question is what can’t you get from a book?

 I finally found the book that I was after with a little help from a store associate and was thoroughly enjoying myself on the floor reading my book (well technically it is still the store’s and I am just reading it there, but that’s not the point) until I got a text on my phone that snapped me back to reality. I got up and went and sat in the Starbucks lounge area like most normal people.                                                                                                                                                                                             

 I am not sure what my favorite style of writing is, but I will pretty much read anything.  If I had the ability to write something worth reading then I would totally write a book, but like the name of this blog, everything I write is complete and utter randomness. Apparently I am a very random person and jump from one thing to another. (so I’m told, but in my defense it all connects together in my head. It’s not my fault that you weren’t following along with where I was going. Why aren’t you a mind reader?)

Oh yeah, anyway, I like to read and sometimes envy the people who can write so magnificently. Maybe I should be a book critic. I could do that well. They can make words come out so eloquently with what looks like ease.  It sounds so good in my head but I cannot seem to get it on paper the way I want it to. I’m not saying that authors don’t suffer, but if I could learn the secret of how to write, I could be rich.

Anyway, I guess I will go read my book now. Never to return again. Okay maybe I will return when I write my next blog. Alright done rambling!
                                                                                                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment