Friday, February 22, 2013

Epic Fail


Okay, so if you think that this is one of those blogs that is life changing, leaves you inspired or just is plain humorous, I think you took the wrong detour. Though my life might make you laugh, its because its so unbelievable that you are wondering how could anybody’s life be that ridonkulous (yes, I said ridonkulous). Well…..welcome to my world. It doesn’t get any more real than this!

        

I feel like my life has a “What were you thinking” button jammed, and even when I try to pry it free it won’t come unstuck. Maybe my kids put peanut butter under there or glue when we were working on a school project. No matter the reason of how it got stuck, how the HELL do I get it unstuck? I mean seriously, a person should only be allowed so many crazy moments, mistakes, or whatever your term is, right? Have you ever seen that stupid quote on Facebook; you know the one that reads “I never make the same mistake twice, I make it 5 or 6 times just to be sure!”…….Yeah well that’s me on multiple occasions. Now, come to think of it; I think that is me all the time. Damnit I think I need to hire someone to fix this button.

 I try to listen to people’s advice. Whether its good or bad I try to hear them out. Listen to what they have to say. Now, sometimes I take the advice and sometimes I don’t, but why is it that I always seem to take the bad advice, I mean it sounds good at the time? The funny thing is, that if I were giving advice over the same situation I could easily give advice that is unbiased and straight forward, but why don’t I take my own advice? Why do I allow people to influence my decision? I mean it makes me feel better seeing how happy that it makes them that they “helped” me, yet somehow I have “jammed” my button a little bit more, and now my situation, I mean my 7th mistake on the same problem is now worse. Wa…..wa……wa……. Epic Fail. Somebody please stop me while I’m ahead, I mean while I’m on my 7th time around making the same mistake. The thing is I know I’m making the same mistake. So why do I do it? Do I think it will have a different outcome if I keep repeating it the same way over and over again? If anyone knows this answer you could become millionaires! Oh, and by the way its 1:10am and I can’t sleep so I decided to write this.

Although my life is definitely changing all the time and I make mistakes apparently all the time, I’m not perfect, nor do I ever proclaim to be. One thing is for sure, I am finally taking my own advice. Just relax, (easier said than done.), laugh at myself more (because what fun would if be if i don't), enjoy my kids, and just see what life has to offer. I can’t live my life on what if’s, or regrets. Okay, I think that is all for now.




No comments:

Post a Comment